Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Only Rocks Sleep Better

Jason is working nights for part of this week (6pm-6am) and he sleeps like the dead. Almost nothing can wake him up when he is out like that.

So I said to Mom: "When Jason works nights he cannot have a toddler by himself during the day while he is sleeping."
Mom: "Why."
"I'm not sure he'd wake up if the baby needed him."
"Oh."
"Yeah, the dog knocked the trash can over and I don't think he even stirred."

I think though that the sound of a baby crying would wake him, but not the sound of a toddler sneaking out of their bed to get into trouble. Not that I'd leave the kid with him anyway when he needed sleep. It's kind of funny to think about.

I can see it in my minds eye...

I walk in after being gone (I don't know what I was doing, but I was gone). The kid is standing say on the counter reaching for cookies. A huge stack of books/a chair/a stool is up against the counter that the kid has climbed. Me, "honey, why is the kid in the cookie jar." Jason groggy from sleep, "We have cookies?"

I love my husband, I can't wait to see him as a Dad!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...