Friday, July 17, 2009

The Hamlins went to the Dr and the Dr Said..

Thursday was our first visit to the fertility doc in our area. All I wanted out of her was Clomid because everything I've been reading has told me that the "magic" formula is progesterone (to have a period), clomid (to make eggs), and Metformin to "hedge the bet". The problem was only a fertility doc can write scripts for Clomid and so we have been waiting and waiting and waiting.

But the wait is over. We now have clomid.
I'll keep you posted as to how it will effect me. I have heard some horror stories of the emotional roller coaster it puts you on :( . Oh, and here are the super fun side effects...

hot flashes
nausea
vomiting
breast tenderness
dizziness
lightheadedness
headache
or
mood changes

Oh, and did I forget to tell you??

Using this medicine may result in multiple pregnancy (twins, etc.)

Today I was texting my cousin who has traveled this road before to find out that it wasn't possible for her and her hubby to have kids (they both have issues) and said that triplets are more common than twins. I'm going to check this out tonight. I don't want three at a time!!

3, 2, or 1 I'll take what God will give me!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...