Friday, January 14, 2011

Mindless Knitting

Yesterday after finishing the mittens I decided I needed to do something mindless. My son needed a hat so I said to myself "Self, knit your son a hat."



I used size 8 needles and DK/Sport Weight/size 3 yarn and CO 72 stitches. I stopped at 6 inches because I was bored and worked the decreases. I used the decreases from this pattern by shizknit because it is an 8 stitch repeat   (The decreases are in increments of 8 stitches *k2, p2, k2, p2tog*) with a 2x2 rib, my other favorite decrease for a ribbed hat is Spud and Chloe's and it is a 6 stitch repeat
 (The decreases are worked in increments of 6 stitches *k2,
p1,
k1,
p2tog*) with a 2x1 rib.

In encourage you to grab your favorite size needles, some soft squishy yarn, set up a gauge swatch and cast on!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...