Monday, May 31, 2010

Finished!

The cow is completed! I have never been so happy in my life to finish a project before. I had some issues with the leg placement. Not certain that I got the udders on correctly or not. I did the face a little different for several reasons:
1) I don't like sewing so putting on felted eyes was not an option for me
2) I didn't think buttons would look right
3) The cow's smile does not belong on it's nose!
4) I love breaking the rules.



I would not do this pattern again unless a child of mine begged me on hands and knees with tears. The pattern was a lot of guess
work (I think I need to read up on intarsia before I do more of this type of pattern) and I'm not sure I did it correctly. The extra bits knit up really fast, but the body took some time, I had to really pay
attention to what I was doing!

I'm giving it to Jenna this afternoon. I wrapped it in Christmas paper since technically it's supposed to be a Christmas Present.

2 comments:

  1. But I love it and it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you love it. It came out pretty cool. I had a lot of comments about the color choice, I kept telling people that it was you and not me!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...