Awhile ago I finished knitting up my Christmas stocking and had a few yards of wool yarn left. Not enough to make something, but too much just to toss. I found this pattern on raverly and thought I'd give felting a try.
I knit it up in a jiffy and it's been sitting in my basket since summer time. One day when Stomper was away with Mimi I thought I'd give it a try. I filled a bowl with hot tap water and soap. I put on a pair of rubber gloves and got to work. It felted quite a bit so I put it over a bowl on the pellet stove and let it dry. When it was dry I realized that it didn't felt enough and I'd have to do it some more.
I searched the web for more tutorials and found this video.
I felted it again with hotter water for a longer period of time. My final result was a firm fabric and a sweet little bowl. I am quite pleased with it!
I cannot take full credit for this pattern. I married two patterns to get this hat. Edit April 2004 The link to the original Little Bo...
Here is the finished product of the new and improved "Bunny Ears". I changed several things but what made the most difference was...
Cookies are a big thing around here, mostly because once a batch is made, it's gone in a matter of hours. The other day my Dad came ho...