Monday, March 30, 2015

21 Weeks and Counting


How is the pregnancy going?

Good. I am adjusting to the changes.

I have hit the "offical" halfway mark of 21 weeks. According to the host of emails of pregnancy updates I get our little Cashew is proportionate and putting on weight and length.



Morning sickness is gone and I've figured out that acid re-flux can be managed easily with diet and antacids. (I am so thankful for modern medicine!)

This week-end my husband had a twinkle in his eyes as he looked at me and chuckled, "You look pregnant." So I guess this means my "bump" is showing. I wasn't expecting my aversion to weight gain. After struggling with my weight for years and loosing 30lbs, watching it go back on is nerve wracking. Intellectually I understand that I need to gain some weight, there is a little person growing in me, but my subconscious often fights me! I am watching what I eat, and making good choices. Some days though I am ravenous and it is hard not to reach for the easy carbs!

We had The UltraSound. The one where now we know, that our little brontosaurs, well, It's A... (click the link to find out what gender we are having)

Which has started a flurry of knitting on my part.

The baby is moving quite a bit, right now as I write this I can feel our little Cashew squirming around.

Being pregnant is mind blowing. If you are unfamiliar with my story, I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 14 and was told that getting pregnant was going to be a challenge. For the seven years that I've been married we assumed that I couldn't get pregnant. We tried clomid once with no results and more stress than I could handle.

One more time, I told my hubby, lets try clomid one more time.

Success!

I worry constantly about miscarriage and now about Cashew being born stillborn. Feeling something squirming inside me has helped quell my fears and doubts, but they still remain.

I guess I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Oh and the photo at the top? Our Sweetie is back in our life and her Mom has given me permission to share her photo. She is wearing Stomper's Easter Vest from 2013 and he is wearing his Easter Vest from 2014. I didn't do any Easter Knitting, because of the coming babe. I love seeing the things I knit still in use!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...