Monday, December 6, 2010

Child's Beanie Purse

original hat
I goofed up awfully bad on a beanie. First I knit it too long so I ripped it out to try again. That was a mistake. I started ripping it out from the bottom and the stitches would not come apart easy enough so I was force to cut the offending pieces off. The tension of the yarn changed but I didn't change my needle size so the circumference of the rim changed to too big.

All is not lost. I changed it into a purse!


With size 7 or 8 needles CO 96 stitches and
join in round (place marker to note beginning of round) and knit in 2x2 (k2, p2) rib for 1.5 inches
knit one row in MC
change to B and knit one row
change to MC and knit one row
then start fairisle pattern:

1) *k1 with B, k1 with MC*
2) k with MC
3) *k1 with MC, k1 with B*
4) k with MC

continue with pattern until piece measures 5 1/2 inches from cast on edge. End with an even round (2 or 4)
knit one round with B
knit one round with MC
follow pattern and knit for total of 5 1/2 to 5 3/4 inches 

Decrease: 
k10, k2tog 

k9, k2tog 

k8, k2tog 

k7, k2tog 

k6, k2tog 
k5, k2tog, 

k4, k2tog 

k3, k2tog 
k2, k2tog 

k1, k2tog 
k2tog
Cut a 6 inch tail. Thread through remaining stitches and cinch tightly.
Weave in loose ends.

Then knit an i-cord at least 20-24inches long. To knit an i-cord  view this video (it's near the end).

Thread i-cord through rib to form handles.

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...