Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Having Fun

We are having so much fun being parents. Stomper is getting bigger and more interactive every day! He is starting to settle into a sort of schedule which is nice, my day is a bit predictable now. Christmas quickly approaches and we are looking forward to the festivities and busyness of the year. We have had several Christmas parties already (one each Saturday of December) and Stomper has done great with them. He is usually very sleepy the next day since he misses his two hour nap in the afternoon while we are gone.

Stomper loves to play with his toys. He reaches and bats at them with his little fist. He has excellent head control and loves using his Bumbo (pictured on the left) with a toy "rainbow" (as I call it). I hope to upload a video soon of him using his toys.

He surprised me at his two month check up and rolled over! His doctor put him on his belly to check out his head control and said "Look, he is going to roll over!" sure enough he rolled right over! He prefers to nap on his belly (where I anxiously check him every five mins to ensure that he is breathing)  and I relent because he naps better on his belly than on his back. I think, perhaps, all his belly napping time is why he is a head with his head control?

Stomper loves faces. He will study and stare at a new face for the longest time as if to say "Hey, I don't know you. Let me take 5 minutes and memorize your every feature so I will remember you next time." He loves to talk and smile and is becoming ticklish.

Bullet using the Bumbo
The dogs have done fine with Stomper. Izzy (the lab) gives him kisses whenever she can. Vinnie (the pom) doesn't seem to have any opinion about him at all. The cats like his crib (he doesn't use it yet) and his Bumbo and will cuddle with Stomper as long as Stomper is in my arms.

I guess that's it for now.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...