Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tidy - 2KCBWDAY3

 Day Three Prompt: Tidy mind, tidy stitches.
How do you keep your yarn wrangling organised?


-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Where the Yarn Hides

I am usually an organized person, but in the heat of the knitting frenzy when I have too much to do and not enough time to do it, the yarn and extra's can get a little out of hand. I have various landing zones I put it all when I am in "organization transition". A couple of times a year I will pull it all out and re-organize it, but on a whole this is what it looks like.
Works in progress end up in the living room next to the couch tucked away in the corner in hopes that the dogs and cats won't get into it, or they are piled high on top of the coffee table (where the blue case is). Finished works get "stashed" someplace "safe" until I can figure out where it "should" go. The red hat is a Christmas gift for 2011 for my husband (I told him he had to wait for it) and is sitting on top of my dresser in my bedroom. The white package in the bottom picture is on top of my husband's gun cabinet in my bedroom and either has in it yarn for my sister or yarn I bought and decided I didn't like.

This is the scene at the top of my stairs. On the left is a clever little footstool the cats have claimed for a scratching post and inside it is yarn I use when I make dolls. To the right is a plastic container where I keep all my knitting books and some graph paper for when I'm designing.

This final picture is from within my closet. Top left is a gigantic box of worsted weight from the 1980's I inherited last year from my Grandma Winnie. It is organized in the box according to color all in nice neat plastic bags (see I can be organized!). Bottom left in the blue bin is DK weight from the same grandmother and is also organized according to color. Bottom right is knitting on wheels! Inside are extra needles, some random buttons, and other stuff I'm not sure what to do with. Finally is a box of yarn I have used recently but have not taken the time to properly stash it away.

So there it is. 
Now I feel that I should pull it all out and re-organize it, once I finish my current project ....

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...