Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Yarn Along: Chaos

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~


I think chaos best describes my mind and my knitting over the past few weeks. What I want to be knitting is a pattern out of the book Spud and Chloe at the Farm or the pattern from the mystery KAL that its one week old yesterday. What I am knitting is a gift for a baby shower (I'll show you a picture of it after the shower), what I also should be knitting is my sisters gauntlet. What I want to be reading is Wicked or fiddling around with my Sims. What I am reading and studying is my course work for TCE Level 1. 

I am finding it hard to stay focused on one thing. However, I did mange to sit down and work on my course work for a half hour today, witch is 30 mins more than I did yesterday. The course is Teaching Children Effectively and it is the model Good News Club uses. I am a Sunday School Teacher and I've known for sometime that I needed more training. The course is going to be very helpful. I have already learned (not memorized) the Wordless Book and I believe that if I had to use it with a child in the next minute that I could use it effectively.

The yarn pile best describes my knitting right now, a mess. The bigger green ball of yarn you might recognize from the Eleanor Cardigan from the last Yarn Along. I needed some green yarn and since the cardigan wasn't truly finished correctly I hacked it up and re-balled. it. The gray yarn is for a future baby shower gift (gotta keep it a secret sorry!), and the small blue square is from my KAL. The goal for this week: Baby Shower Gift #1. If I finish that then I will start on Stompers Cow from the farm book (it's his Valentines Gift..nothing like cutting it close), then move on to Baby Shower Gift #2. It is not looking like I am going to finish the gloves for my cousin, but I will finish them and get them to her before spring is over, I hope.

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...