Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~




Finally finished the gloves for my cousin. Now I just need to mail them out to her. The brown blob is the bottom half of a cow from Susan B Anderson's book "Spud and Chloe at the Farm". The cow was supposed to be a Valentines gift for Stomper, but you can see how well I did with that. I am now hoping to give it to him around Easter. I cast on for the head on Tuesday and I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the week. Not sure how well I'll do since I should be doing homework not knitting.

Right now this book  and this magazine are being passed around the family. We are all taking turns reading all that we get our hands on concerning chickens since we just ordered 15 chicks and 4 ducks that are due to arrive in May. I really like how this book is written. The woman who writes it is very frank. She writes stuff like: "put it in the stew pot" referring to chickens that are past their prime. I know this book is just the tip of the iceberg concerning all we need to know, but I think it's a good start.

I am still pecking away at Wicked, the story is starting to pick up. I still find all the strange jargon very jarring and unless this book ends with a "wow" I won't be reading the second in the series or recommending it to anyone. I do recommend "Barnyard in your Backyard" for a quick intro to animal farming though.

4 comments:

  1. loving the colours of your gloves and looking forward to see how that cow comes out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought those gloves were a mini tiger! Can't wait to see the brown blob turn into a cow. As for Wicked, I just picked that up from the library but haven't had any time to begin. I read another in the series first and liked that one very much. Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son would love those gloves -- his school mascot is a tiger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...