Saturday, March 17, 2012

Stomper & Great Grammie

Photos Courtesy of Haven Photography


This past Tuesday we planned to go over to Jason's Grandparents for supper. Around nine in the morning his grandmother called and asked if they could pick Stomper up early and spend some time with him. They wanted him all to themselves, no sharing.

It is so special the bond they have with him. Every Sunday morning he sits with Great Grandpa in church and then Great Grammie takes him down to the nursery right before the sermon starts. At first I was stunned as to how much Great Grandpa held Stomper. Even when he was really tiny and fussy at church Great Grandpa would take him and bounce him on his knee. I worried, as new mothers often do, that Stomper was too fussy and they'd grow tired of him, so at first I'd sit with them and "hover". I'm not sure what I was worried about. Babies don't change, not really. A fussy baby two generations ago was treated the same as a fussy baby this generation. Now people at church just assume to look for Stomper with his "greats" and I can relax and tend to my other church duties knowing that he is being well cared for.

These photos of Stomper and his Great Grammie were taken at his adoption hearing. It is so evident how in love she is with him and he with her. I am so thankful for such a great extended family!

Four Generations


Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...