Thursday, April 19, 2012

Eleanor Cardigan 2.0






I'm close to finishing the Eleanor Cardigan, not there yet, but close. I rewrote much of the pattern (which looks a lot like Evelyn I know) to make it easier to follow. I saw something from someone that said KISS--Keep It Simple Stupid so that is what I did. I do think I will change the edge and do a picked up edge rather than the one I have. In the lighter weight yarn (this yarn is sport) the Twisted Stitches (mock cable) is a little harder to see and I think I will add some space between the Twist and the Lace next time. Think that I will make a swatch though before I cast on. I am also going to buy some quality yarn at my LYS for the finished product.

I am proud to say that I figured out several sizes so far. 3, 6, 9, 12. That being said, the little model is almost 4 and she is wearing the 12 month size (it's a bit tight in the arms), which also fits a 12 month old (I tried it on a toddler) so there is quite a bit of give in the sport weight. I will probably adjust my sizes to be 3-6months, 6-12 moths, 2T with the sport weight because of the give of the finished sweater. I think that next time I will also knit it a little longer, maybe an inch.

Once finished the pattern will have two yarn choices: worsted or sport and two sleeve lengths/options. Plus photos of how to do the Twisted Stitch because I had to watch it on YouTube several times before I could figure it out.

I let the little girl pick out the buttons, the amount of buttons, and the thread to attach the buttons, because it is going home with her. She is very excited. 

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...