Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Yarn Along


I have not made a lot of progress on the sweater since my last Yarn Along. I have been dutifully knitting on it  a bit at a time. I got quite a bit done yesterday while the daycare kiddos played outside. I am optimistic about finishing the first sleeve today or tomorrow. The plan is to finish the sleeve, knit the collar, and then finally knit the last sleeve. I have been dedicating all my knitting energy to this sweater. Next I will be finish my sisters fingerless gloves, then my fingerless gloves, a teddy bear that just needs to be sewn together, and then back to designing and getting my items test knit.

I've been reading a bit here and there. The book I've settled on is Dragon Slippers. I like how it starts:

It was my aunt who decided to give me to the dragon. Not that she was evil or didn't care for me. It's just that we were very poor and she was, as was said in those parts, dumber than two turnips in a rain barrel.

As with most middle school books the pace is fast, descriptions minimal, main characters well thought out, and just a bit of magic tossed in for luck! It has just enough humor and intrigue in it with out being heavy handed. I will be reading the other two in the series. With my nook fixed I've been playing games at night when I should be reading (or sleeping), so it's been slow going. Reading is far more relaxing and probably more conducive to sleeping.

What has been taking up all my time? My poultry. I'm in love. Check out these two links to see them: Chickens and Ducks.

As with most Wednesdays I'm joining Ginny and you should too. Leave a link in the comments of what you are reading/knitting

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...