Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What Happened on Saturday













I have been in eleven weddings and been everything from flower girl to bride, but never have I almost cried.

Until Saturday.

My little brother got married!

He married the most wonderful woman and he is so happy. Just one look at his face while he stood there saying his vows was proof of that. But that was not what made me cry.

Do you remember when I introduced you to my niece Elle? Elle is not my brothers blood related daughter, though he loves her as if she was, and during the wedding ceremony he and his bride honored her will a small token.

Her Mom, while putting a heart shaped pendant around her neck said (something along the lines of): "This necklace is our promise to you, to be your family. We love you." My little brother worked the clasp and all three of them were crying!

It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen in a wedding. It was a great ceremony and a great day.

We are so happy to officially welcome Rachelle and Elle into our family, although they've been there in our hearts for a long time!

P.S.
Little Sister and her favorite cousin made the cake, isn't it amazing! Little Sister also took all the photos!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I would cry for sure if my little brother ever got married! Your family always has the most creative cakes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...