Monday, February 21, 2011

Plugging Away at Things

I am slowly working through my to-do list. 

I have one half of a pair of mittens completed and almost all of my first Monster Prototype. The prototype is coming along, but I'm not totally pleased with it. Something is a little wonky with it. I am hoping to get it finished up and stuffed by tomorrow. As soon as I'm done posting I'm going to dig out my stuffing, stuff the little Monster, and see how it looks. Good or bad I'll give you a little preview. I do know I will change a few things, the first being the size of needles. I am currently working with US size 3 and it is taking too long, or maybe I'm too impatient? I also think I may have made the mouth a little too big. Only time will tell. Once I post the pictures you should tell me what you think.

The gaming gloves for my brother are coming along smoothly. I did have to alter the pattern slightly because of my gauge I was knitting, but nothing too drastic. I think if I ever knit this again I will use thinner yarn. My brother seems to like them and is eagerly awaiting the second mitten. I really should be knitting glove #2 right now instead of my Monster, but I felt I needed a break. It's that "second mitten/glove/sock syndrome" once you have one knit you loose ambition to knit the next one. I almost feel like: "See I conquered that pattern, why make another one?"

The other thing I need to knit is some sparkling cider cozy's for my SIL wedding. She wants a bride and groom cozy for the head table and red ones with the letter "L" in them for some of the other tables. I told her I didn't think I could do the bride and groom (a dress and a tux), but maybe I can. I can knit anything, right? 


Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...