Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Meaning of "Na"

Dear Stomper,

I am so thankful that you are learning to communicate. I love to hear your little voice while I'm driving down the road. You don't have much to say it seems, but your cute little noises make me smile.

I do have one complaint. What does "Na" mean? You use this word constantly.
"Na" you say to me holding your hand out towards the table littered with papers, food, cups, and clothes and then you look expectantly at me like I understand exactly what you are saying. Are you saying: "Mum, look at this mess!" or "Mum, I like that project you started." or "Mum, I'll help you throw away some of those papers." or "Mum, can I have a snack?"

You get very frustrated at me when I don't respond correctly to your "Na" and I was just wondering and hoping if you could define for me what it means.

In the meantime we will do our part to teach you how to communicate better. You are learning fast how to sign with us so that at least your "Na" is not a gut wrenching scream, but a way to get our attention.

We love you very much, Baby Boy, and look forward to conversing with you in English instead of "Na"

Love your Parents,
Papa & Mama



Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...