Saturday, December 3, 2011

Yarn Along :: Projects

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~ via Ginny


I have dutifully been pecking away at my Christmas Knitting List.
Top of my list right now: Finishing Honey Bee's baby doll. I just have a few strands of hair left and then she will be done. I finished Stompers hat Thanksgiving week-end, Jason's Hunters Hat I finished in January (he was very upset when he learned he couldn't use it until the end of the year), I decided that since everyone else got a knitted thing for Christmas that I should get one too so I started a pair of arm warmers  (pictured above) for myself for Christmas. I also restarted Jason's Christmas stocking and remembered last night that I still haven't finished Stomper's Sleep Sack. I promised a cousin a pair of gloves for Christmas, but it looks like they'll have to wait until the first part of the year, hopefully she'll be patient with me.

Stomper's Hat I designed on my own. I don't think I'd do the moose pattern in the round again. There is a large space to carry the yarn and it didn't work out too well. You can't see the true color very well in this picture, but the hat is green. The doll is an adaptation of this pattern from TwinsKnit. I omitted the ears, changed the yarn to a cotton (it doesn't get fuzzy in little mouths), changed the colors around, and added hair. It is a very easy and simple knit and I'll probably make a few for Easter for my Sunday School class.

As for reading, not doing a whole lot of that these days. I did start Graceling by Kristi Cashore yesterday on a whim. I got tired of watching DVD's and both kids were sleeping so I thought I'd give it a try. I read it before and it's nice rereading something, I haven't done that in awhile. It's a really great psychic/superpower book, but the only thing I don't like is the sex scene in it which was not neccessary.

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...