Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Annoyed

I hate all my meds, but for the next 10 days I need them. Argh. This is my crazy med schedual.

  • 6am Levox (thyroid)
  • 715 Sucral (new med)
  • 815 Eat
  • 845 Pepcid (new med)
  • 945 Lidocained (new med)
  • 1030 Sucral
  • 1130 Eat
  • 1230 Metformin & vitamins (which are supposed to be eaten with food, but i can't because I have to wait 2 hrs after taking the Sucral so that they can be absorbed into my stomach, because the Sucral doesn't let much pass it as it coats the lining of my tummy!)
  • 130pm Lidocaine (this really ought to be taken directly after a meal as it is a numbing agent-liquid form-and anti-acid, but again I can't because I have other pills I need to take!
  • 530 Sucral
  • 630 Eat
  • 730 Metformin
  • 800 Pepcid (which is too early but I don't want to wait too long before I take my pain killer....)
  • 900 Lidocaine
  • Bedtime cough meds (Yes I have a prescription for that too)

However, all my annoyances aside I am happy that there are meds out there to help. Ugh.

So this is what WebMD has to say about Gastritis, which is one of the options of what I have. I am calling my doctor today to find out how this happened...

  • Digestive Diseases: Gastritis
    Gastritis is an inflammation, irritation or erosion of the lining of the stomach. It can occur suddenly (acute) or gradually (chronic).
    What Causes Gastritis?
    Gastritis can be caused by irritation due to excessive alcohol use, chronic vomiting, stress or the use of certain medications such as aspirin or other anti-inflammatory drugs. It may also be caused by any of the following:
    Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori): A bacteria that lives in the mucous lining of the stomach. Without treatment the infection can lead to ulcers, and in some people, stomach cancer.
    Pernicious anemia: A form of anemia that occurs when the stomach lacks a naturally occurring substance needed to properly absorb and digest vitamin B12.
    Bile reflux: A backflow of bile into the stomach from the bile tract (that connects to the liver and gallbladder).
    Infections caused by bacteria and viruses
    If gastritis is left untreated, it can lead to a severe loss in blood, or in some cases increase the risk of developing stomach cancer.

And here is what they say about Peptic Ulcers which is the other options.

    • Peptic Ulcer Disease - Topic Overview


      What is a peptic ulcer?
      A peptic ulcer is a sore in the inner lining of the stomach or upper small intestine (duodenum). Ulcers develop when the intestine or stomach's protective layer is broken down. When this happens, digestive juices can damage the intestine or stomach tissue. These strong juices, which contain hydrochloric acid and an enzyme called pepsin, also can injure the esophagus. The esophagus is the tube that leads from your throat to your stomach.
      Peptic ulcers are no longer a condition that most people have to live with their entire lives. Treatment cures most ulcers, and symptoms go away quickly.
      Peptic ulcers that form in the stomach are called gastric ulcers. Those that form in the upper small intestine are called duodenal (say "doo-uh-DEE-nul" or "doo-AW-duh-nul") ulcers.

1 comment:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...