Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Questions

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder:
  • Am I ready for parenthood?
  • Am I ready for 2 am feedings?
  • Am I ready to give up some of my freedoms & rights? (such as: showering quietly, sleeping in, being alone & quiet in my home)
  • Am I ready to responsible 24/7 for someone?
  • Is my marriage ready for this?
  • Are our finances ready for a baby?
  • Do I want a kid for the right reasons?

And then I remember that I have a good man by my side and a loving and supportive family near-by and I realize that, yes, things are going to be different and hard. But in some ways things will be way more fun.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think we're ever ready. You just learn to adapt. I have similar questions about having number two. I can barely handle one and I'm pregnant with another! You and Jason will be great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, i think that a switch just turns on as soon as he/she comes into the world and all of the sudden, you are ready to do all of those things. Have no fear. You can do it! It is a lot of work but the rewards far outweigh the work. I wish you luck in your endeavour and I have to say that I have ALWAYS wanted a pomeranian. I have two chihuahuas right now. I am allergic to dogs so I thought short hairs would be good for me and they are. But those pomeranians - their spunk is so appealing to me. Some day :-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...