Monday, October 27, 2008

Ugh, What a Day

This blog contains the words: Poop & vomit. If such things are an offense to you, don't read.
*don't say I didn't warn you*

Izzy the dog has been sick. It started out with stinky gas, like really bad gas and I assumed (how silly of me) that that was where it would end. Then one night she farted while pooping and I heard it ooze to the ground. In the meantime Vinnie the dog has been hacking up mucus and grass (yes I know TMI you can skip this blog entry if you need to, I will understand). I thought (also wrongly) that it was nothing and would pass. *sigh* Last night as I was putting Vinnie to bed in his crate (a cat carrying thing) he wouldn't go in, he sort of sniffed and backed out. I got out the flashlight to take a peek and lo and behold he had vomited the night before in his bed. It was too late for me to clean it up so I threw the soiled stuff in the bathroom to clean in the morning.

Morning arrived. I got up to do my normal routine and clean up the vomit bedding so I could wash it. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, it didn't even smell all that bad. I went about my day until around 1pm when I realized I needed my knitting for while the kids slept. I came over to my apartment and was greeted by the worse poop smell on the planet.

Izzy walked up to me low to the ground, apologizing for her mistake. She had diarrhea on my floor. Not in the kitchen where it would be easy to clean. Oh, no, on my RUG! Have you ever tried to clean poop off a rug? How about liquid poop?

I almost threw up. Then, when I was at my mom's getting supplies I almost threw up over there and I couldn't even smell or see it! I told her, "I don't know what I will do when my kids are sick, I just can't handle the mess."

Back at my apartment I practiced the ancient art of breathing through my mouth in order to avoid a foul smell. I found that if I did not look directly at the mess, sort of saw it out of the corner of my eye, the gagging was a lot less.

I did the best I could with what I had, then ran to Wal-Mart to get the most expensive rug cleaner I could find. I also bought some strong candles to help, because even though the poop is gone, the stench remains.

1 comment:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...