Monday, May 2, 2011

Quick Week-end Escape

Rockland the Reception
We have been planning on attending a wedding in Rockland over the week-end. The plan was to drop Stomper off Saturday morning, drive the 2 or so hours to the town that the wedding was in, walk around for a bit, go to the wedding, stay long enough to eat at the reception, then hightail it home, sleep, and pick Stomper up before church Sunday morning. Jason's parents and several of his co-workers were planning on staying in the Rockland Area Friday night and Saturday night, but we couldn't afford it.

Mount Battie, Camden, Maine


I had Stomper all packed up and ready to go Friday morning before our bi-weekly grocery shopping trip. I didn't want to pack sleepy either that night or the next morning for fear that I'd forget something. We decided that since we were already going to be in town, why not stop by my Mom's and have supper to and why not leave Stomper?
Reception





















 Saturday morning I wake up and Jason says "I have a surprise for you."
"What is it?" I ask
"I can't tell you it's a surprise."
"Where is it?"
"I can't tell you that either. Get up and go downstairs and shower."
"Is it downstairs?"
"No. Well. Sort of. It's outside."
Sleep-addled I take a shower.
In the shower I wake up.
"Are we staying down there?"
"Yes!" he says beaming, "And I've already packed!"
Mount Battie
(this is not Stomper)

We went to Rockland for a few days. It was a lot of fun. We went to the breakwater and walked the 7/10ths of a mile to the lighthouse, we attended a very beautiful wedding, got to view the gorgeous Maine coastline. And then collasped into a hotel bed for the night. In the morning we went up Mount Battie (by car), walked around Rockland, and headed for home to see our boy (who we missed very much!).

 It was great to get away, but I am happy to be home!

For More photos check out my Facebook Album (no need for a profile/account to view them)

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...