Thursday, January 5, 2012

Yarn Along: Christmas Knitting Finished

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~ via Ginny

I am reading a book on my new Nook I got for Christmas. It's called Starfire Angels and it's an easy read. It was free on my Nook which is one of the reasons that I picked it. I haven't finished Graceling, mostly because I forgot I was reading it. I am hoping to get Wicked or Twilight this week-end and read those.



I was late getting it to him, but I finally finished Stomper Sleep Sack. It is basically a large top down raglan sweater on steroids. It's thirty inches long from armpit to bottom making it roomy enough to crawl, stand up, and roll around in bed in. It's like wearing a blanket. I used double strand of some red heart yarn I had kicking around. It took 3 skeins, but one of the skeins (the brown) I used both ends at the same time. I ran out of the orange and the yellow, which is why it is solid brown at the end. The sleeves I should have done a few rows of garter or moss or something, because they roll and I don't like how it looks. I also had to sew down the color, because I made the neck too wide and he was chewing on it.

I made nine of these Upcycled T-shirt Pot Scrubbers for Christmas. They are super quick to knit and best yet cost nothing in yarn! Check out the Raverly page for the pattern and a link to how to make yarn out of t-shirts. All of the family members who received one were thrilled to get one. Now I just need to make one for myself.

Finished Jason's Christmas stocking just in time. I got the dimentions and some of the instructions from Knitting Through the Year, which I am also using to knit Jason's cousin some gloves. I think I could have made more red on the toe, but I was told not to rip it out and fix it so I will fight the urge. I knit them to look like the first pair of socks I ever knit that I gave to Jason one year. They are almost as big as this one.



Posted by Picasa

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...