Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"What doin Mommy, what doin?"

A friends facebook status this week had me clinging to my little guy today: 

"wow, I can not imagine what it would be like to be one of those parents waiting behind the yellow tape as people dig through rubble for my kids!!! The tornado in Moore, Oklahoma hit an elementary school with kids in it."

As we pray for all the families that have been hit by the tornadoes I hold my little guy close and relish every moment.







Oh this little boy. 

I have been caring for children for over two decades.

He is my first.

The first to not be overly interested in toys

The first to want to help.

Help with everything, all the time, even when he is too little.

The first who is more interested not in "Why" but in "What are you?"

The first who's favorite phrase to say over and over and over in the car, "What doin Mommy? Mommy, what doin?"

"I'm driving."

"What doin Mommy, what doin?"

"Still driving."

"What doin?

"I love you."

"Mommy. Mommy. MOMMY."

"Yes, honey."

"What doin?"

"Just driving."

I am going to miss that little voice someday.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I especially love the ones of both of you. My son was never too interested in toys either. He was a nature boy. Looks like yours is too :) Yes, let's cherish every moment!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...