Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pembroke







I am doing a little dance of joy. I finished the vest with lots and lots of time to spare. 

I put it on Stomper and it fits, but only just. I think he will be able to wear it this spring (like every Sunday from now until May) and then he will be too long for it. I should have listened to that little voice telling me to knit it longer. Why don't I listen to that voice?

The vest is beautiful, I am quite proud of it and he looks very handsome wearing it. 

If I keep in mind that this was a free pattern it was great. Some of the instructions took a little pondering and head scratching for me to fully understand. The shoulder decreases were awkward and I'm not sure the purpose for them, I wish I hadn't done them. I am anti-sewing so I would have preferred some in-the-round knitting for the body and Kitchener stitching at the shoulder, but those mods aren't necessities.

The yarn is Berroco Vintage in worsted weight. I enjoyed using the sport weight when I made a dress last month it held its shape beautifully. I thought that it would be perfect for the vest as well. I do like how the cables look in this yarn and the feel of it is super soft; however, it is not holding it's shape. Perhaps if my gauge was tighter it would hold better? 

My conclusion is that I will be holding on to this pattern to make again maybe for a baby shower.

2 comments:

  1. That is adorable! I'm working n a vest for Little Man right now and it's going to be too wide so I'm making it longer and he can wear it when he's 10.......

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...