Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Then and Now



January 2011

January 2011

March 2013

A few years ago I participated in Knitting and Crocheting Blog Week. Each day for a week we were given a guideline on what to write. One of the prompts was "Where are They Now?" where is something you knit a year of more ago, today? I choose to write about a turtle that went to a friends daughter. I was reminded of that post today when my son pulled out a hat I had knit him when he was a baby and wore it outside to play.

The one thing I really enjoy about crafting is that if a made item is made well it will be around for a long time. The evidence of this is a pair of mittens that belonged to my brother, that my Grandmother crocheted. Stomper now wears them when we go outside to play in the snow. 

I adore these little reminders of love.  

If you'd like to knit you own reminder of love the pattern for the hat is a free one from The Shizknit called Little Boy Blue Ribbed Hat. The magic of this rib is in the decreases. The decreases are done over eight stitches so if you need to cast on more or less do so by multiples of eight.

How about you, do you have any hand made items that have been around for many years?

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Look at that adorable little face! He actually reminds me a bit of Little Man (big eyes, chubby cheeks, little lips that make everyone want to kiss him). I love when they can wear things over and over. He has a hat (the purple one) that still fits on his head...it's getting small, though. There's also the hat I made him at 3 months old. It still fits but it's too short. If we weren't living in California, I'd maybe consider making him another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just starting to try to make things that will hopefully be good enough to be around for a while! These pics of your little Stomper are really, really cute!!! I love how he's just flopped over the covers and looking right in the camera in that first pic. I love them all though!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...