Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~


I knuckled down and finished the vest (insert dance of joy)! There will be full post with tomorrow! Even with all my focused knitting I have managed to read quite a bit. 

A few months ago my sister had a book named "Railsea" that she had tried reading but couldn't get into. We were at the library last week and I saw it sitting on the shelf so I thought I'd give it a try. Once I adjusted to the use of "&" in replace of the word and I was able to enjoy the book. It is a post-apocalyptic book or as a writing friend of my says an "anti-utopia". I believe it loosely follows "Moby Dick" but I've never read "Moby Dick" so don't quote me on that. I'm about halfway through, I wish there was more time in the day!

I haven't picked up #10 of the Ranger Apprentice in quite sometime. My sister assures me that it is good, but she had a hard time getting into it too. 

My new bathroom reading is "Winnie-the-Pooh" which is rather cute and funny. I hope I remember to read it to Stomper when he gets a little bigger.

Lastly I read most of, accept a few chapters, "You Can't Make Me...but I Can Be Persuaded" it's the first parenting book I've read since Dr. Sears "Attachment Parenting" two years ago. If you have a strong willed child, try this book. I have been using it with Stomper and some of the daycare kids and it works! It takes a little getting used to, but it is so worth the work! One of the things she points out is that you really can't make your kids do anything. She talks about motivating a strong willed child to achieve goals they don't care about and how to keep cool when your strong willed child is being unreasonable. I am really happy that I read this book and I've been encouraging all my friends to pick up a copy. The next book I think I want to read is Dr. Dobsons "The Strong Willed Child" to get some more pointers. 

I picked my husbands second sock up again and I'm going to run out of yarn. I have already spoken to him about this and he agreed that a new color would be just fine, thus saving me the torturer of trying to find the right color. 

I will also be playing with this ball of fluff in the near future. Perhaps a cowl?



Joining Ginny and you should too!
Go ahead and leave a link to your blog in the comments
 if you want, that way I can see what you've been up to!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for a finished vest! Love the squishy squishy yarn also. Cant wait to see what you end up making wit that.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to use it! It is so soft and squishy!

      Delete
  2. I love the title "You can't make me but I can be persuaded"! Congratulations on finishing the vest, I love the yarn in the first picture too, very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...