My Grandmother Blidberg made her Bread Pudding with raisins, but since Jason doesn't like rasins I'm trying it a little different today.
Fruit Bread Pudding:
- 12-20 slices of bread dried in the oven but not toasted.
- 3 cups of milk
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of sliced fruit (try peaches, blue berries, strawberries, apples) or 1/2 cup raisins
- Break up bread into chunks and put in 9x13 pan.
- In a big bowl combine milk and eggs and beat with whisk.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir. Dump over the top of bread and stir, making sure all the bread is sopping wet.
- Bake 350degrees for 45mins or until top springs back when lightly tapped.
- Serve hot with milk, maple syrup, whipped cream, ice cream, and/or strawberry sauce
- 1/2 cup whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 2Tbs water
- 2Tbs sugar
- 1Tbs maple sugar
Simmer for 45mins or until thick while Bread Pudding bakes.
I hope to post pictures,