Sunday, April 3, 2011

Time Well Spent - 2KCBWDAY7

"Day seven Prompt: Your knitting and crochet time.
Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys." 

The thing I love about knitting is that I can knit anywhere while doing almost anything. I knit socially a lot at my mothers and my in-laws, during my sisters orchestra concerts, or during music festivals, I knit during breaks at conferences, at friends houses, and I would knit in the car if I didn't get so carsick. I mostly frequently knit while the TV is on, usually on a rerun of something I've seen a thousand times so I'm not tempted into distraction or while watching my six month play on the floor.

I've tried to knit and drink coffee, but the coffee usually goes cold before I get to it. I don't usually knit and eat, because I like to use knitting as an eating deterrent (how can I eat with such busy fingers?)

I keep my pattern, a pad of paper or a notebook, a pen, and a drink of water near me when I knit. This way I don't get lost, I can jot down notes, and I stay hydrated while my fingers are busy. 

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...