Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lost and Not Yet Found

The epic "Hunt for Size 2 DPN's" occured in my house late Friday night. I searched everywhere for the elusive quintuplet but they were no where to be found. I believe they were out fraternizing with the quintuplet size 0's as they too were missing too. I wonder if they are off to Vegas getting hitched and making babies? When I find all ten of them snuggled together will they each have a size 1 with them snuggled up in a baby blanket?

Friday after my search produced a bag of yarn I lost, a forgotten darning project, a second copy of a doll pattern, but no knitting needles I decided that I needed to organize. Thankfully Papa Bear was off Smelting with Bumpa and Stomper was soundly asleep so my thumping around in the bedroom bothered no one. I put some Dollhouse on the Wii sipped my White Mnt Dew and got to work.

I hoped and prayed and hoped and waited and hunted and put away, no needles. I know that my organizing had hit an all time low these past few months, but I never dreamed I'd loose my needles! Gah! I am moving on to another project and I hope Baby Sister will understand (I was going to start her gauntlets!). Maybe they will pop up suddenly and say "Here I am! I'm a good hider!" At which point I will shake them and say "Silly needles, where were you?" *sigh*

I did however, test out the pattern for the gauntlets because they felt a little daunting. The pattern looked a bit confusing and contorted and I felt intimidated. Not to worry, I made a little mitten thing to test the different patterns and I don't know what I was so worried about. The testing inspired me to make my own pattern and the two pictures is what I came up with. They aren't perfect, but it was fun to find a different stitch or two to try. I hope to maybe make up my own Helm pattern to sell in the fall.

The wonderful lady who bought Teacup ordered a bear in the same size so I have started the bear. I also ordered some yarn today to make the bears clothes. I should have the bear done up in the next few days.

I am still waiting for my size 35 needles to make it from JoAnn's on the moon to my house. It is taking forever! Nothing else I've bought from anywhere else has taken this long. Lesson learned, don't order stuff from JoAnn's online.

I'm not sure how much knitting I'll get done this week-end. Papa Bear and I are going to a wedding on Saturday and since it is in Rockland, about 2hrs away, we are going to make the day of it and see some sites along the way. Stomper is going to stay overnight at Grandma's so we don't have to worry about getting back. I think the wedding is at 4 which seems awfully late to me. I think we will have a good time. I like a few of Papa Bears co-workers and his Mom (who works with him) will be there too.

Also, I am happy to announce that the pattern for the Hunter Plaid Hat (aka Flannel Plaid Hunters Hat) is up and available to purchase.

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...