Sunday, April 28, 2013

Looking Forward

Todays final prompt for Knitting and Crocheting Blog Week fits perfectly with what I have been dreaming about the last few months .. Next years list for my Year of Projects. I have nearly completed this years list and when on Wednesday I cast on for my KAL I'll be pushing through the remainder of my list.

My project list for the coming year will be a little more vague as I want to focus on some skills, hurdles, and fears I have with my knitting.


  • A Vest for the Hubby -- he has been asking for a sweater ever since my knitting really took off. He believes wholeheartedly that I can do it, despite the fact that I keep telling him the yarn will be a lot of money and it will take a long time to complete. His answer to that: "The quality of the vest will be worth the price and time it takes." Oh, he really knows a way into a knitters heart doesn't he? I haven't decided on the pattern yet but it will be something with cables so I don't get bored. Most likely all one color so he can wear it all the time in a yarn that can be tossed in the washer with out causing me fits of anxiety. The last time I knit a vest for an adult it was for my sister and it went rather well so I have hopes that this will too. It just will take so much of my knitting time, but it will be worth it.
  • Participate in Two (or more) Test Knits -- this is such an affordable way to get new patterns and it helps out designers. Last summer I was tester and tested, I really enjoyed the process and since I am finding I'd rather alter the wheel than re-invent it when it comes to designing fits my life much better. It is also a good way to be pushed to finish something since the designer wants the project done by a specific due date.
  • Crochet My Mascot Project -- I am assuming I will be working on squares when I get frustrated or bored with the vest project, it will give me a break with out picking up a new project. I don't like having more than one project on my needles and I am hoping I can finish a few squares when I need a break from the vest.
  • A Sweater for Me -- If I haven't died from boredom knitting the vest and the vest goes well I will finally knit myself a sweater. I have spied a few that interest me: Hearth, Charlotte,  and Centripetal to name a few. Are there any Plus Sized knitters out there who have had success knitting a flattering sweater, I'm in the market for a pattern. 
How about you .. am I the only one who has been thinking about the next list?
Don't forget to tune in on Tuesdays to participate in my KAL!

~~~
This post is part of Knitting and Crocheting Blog Week. Please take a moment to check out other bloggers who are participating by searching: 4KCBWDAY7

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...